Invisalign’s revolutionary technique permits to have access to orthodontic services without braces – and without having to consult an orthodontist – thanks to transparent removable aligners that align the teeth. This tried and tested technique over the past 20 years is gaining in popularity. The aligners are similar to braces, but offer superior comfort.
Our team of professionals has received specific orthodontist training from Invisalign to allow patients to enjoy all the benefits that this technology provides. People in need of an improvement in their teeth’s alignment can book an appointment for an orthodontic consultation at Santé dentaire VMR in the town of Mount-Royal and our dentists will find the best solution for them. It should be noted that in certain more complex cases, a patient may need to consult an orthodontist.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Thanks to state-of-the-art technology, an orthodontic treatment with Invisalign is done in a few simple steps.
- A first appointment so that your Santé dentaire VMR braces can give you a comprehensive orthodontic exam and confirm that Invisalign will be suitable for you.
- Recording dentition in 3D with the Itero Element
- When using the 3D footage, Invisalign will produce a ClinCheck, which allows to see Invisalign’s correction. The dentist will then work on the computer from this simulation to obtain the expected results.
- We will proceed to put in place attachments, little bumps stuck on the tooth to correct the position of the teeth in the Invisalign aligners.
- We can then proceed to put on the Invisalign orthodontic invisible aligners.
- Follow-up appointments take place every 6 to 10 weeks or as required.
Invisalign vs Braces
- For whom?
Invisalign is suitable for teenagers and adults while braces can also be used for children.
- Orthodontia esthetics
Invisalign has an advantage since the aligners are barely visible in comparison to braces.
Invisalign aligners are comfortable and tasteless, unlike braces that can also be painful.
Invisalign aligners can be removed a few hours per day to be cleaned while braces are fixed until the end of the treatment.
Since Invisalign aligners can be removed, we can eat whatever we want!
- The cost of Invisalign vs braces
The cost of treatment is equivalent for both options.
- Duration of the orthodontic treatment
The treatment is often shorter with Invisalign and requires quicker visits to the dentist or to the orthodontic clinic.
To find out more about Invisalign and to take advantage of orthodontia without braces, book an appointment with Santé Dentaire VMR, THE best dental centre in the town of Mount-Royal! Our team of qualified dentists offers you an array of general and cosmetic dentistry services.